Facebook messages.html file

Home Forums Multi-Edit Polystyle Facebook messages.html file

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CharlesG 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

CharlesG
    Participant

I have a HTML file of Facebook messages that is taking PS ages to apply my style. It just seems stuck. I have uploaded the file to my onedrive ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7yFWW-HrgenUhsBIhl0_my2ByL ) and wondered if someone can try to format for me please.

FWIW – Mew 11.04.00

PS – 4.0j – M-E edition

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    What Style suite are you using? Are you selecting it or is it associated with an extension? Is it one that you created yourself?

Thanks,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

PS did fine with a very small index.htm file.

Clay – have you been able to try PS with the file I uploaded to my onedrive?

CharlesG
    Participant

re: What Style suite are you using?

I ran the configure code formatter……

re: Are you selecting it or is it associated with an extension?
    I selected from the Tools dropdown menu

re: Is it one that you created yourself?
    nope –

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Guess I have not messed with polystyle since win xp. It suffers from wanting to write to the install directory, in program files, which is a no no. I could not configure it and when running against that file it finishes with errors, and I don’t get a formatted version. For some reason it does not see all the examples in the examples directory. Tried copying to another directory and running stand alone to no avail. Don’t have a fix for this one.

Sorry,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

Clay,

What errors did you get? I’d like to see it.

Also do you know if the author of PS is still available?

Or I noticed that in the MEW configuration – it mentions HtmlTidy – is that MEW supported ?

Or is there a html format program that Windows 7+ is ok with?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    The dialog title bar said that the reformat ended with errors, but without a useful error message. Google polystyle. They are still out there. There is a note about installing to a directory outside program files, so I guess they have not updated beyond vista.

Running polystyle standalone (after the copy from the ME install directory) resulted in a “could not read” a registry entry. And the process died.

Thanks,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

Clay,

I did find ( http://www.polystyle.com/contact.jsp ) but it says my email address is not valid. And it’s @gmail.com so I do not know what is going on.

I did find his old postal address at the bottom of the contact page mentioned above, so then I Googled “Matt jones near Miamisburg, OH” and a few hits says that he is a scammer? And several matches on Facebook.

Any help appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.