Is it possible to adjust main window title format?

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support Is it possible to adjust main window title format?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander-1 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alexander-1
    Participant

I use multiple instances mode. The problem is all of the opened files look the same on taskbar, like: “Multi-Edit -[…”, because main window title is too long, as it contains full path of the opened file, and starts from the application title. Is it possible to config main window title to be just file name of the opened file?

Thank you.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I’m guessing you are running in Single window mode (Tools-Customize-Windowing). There is no way to change the main window title that I am aware of. It might be a workaround to disable this mode and have your edit windows as tabs within one instance of Multi-Edit (each tab has the short file name). You might also look into using Project tied sessions.

Thanks,
    Clay

Alexander-1
    Participant

I’m guessing you are running in Single window mode (Tools-Customize-Windowing).

No, I use /NI command line switch for that, but nevermind. I’ve got a temporary solution with AutoIt, automatically renaming ME windows.

You might also look into using Project tied sessions.
    Thank you for the advice. I’m new to ME, haven’t had a chace to look at this feature, yet.

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.