Missing CMac comiler exe

Home Forums MeLS (EZRTools – SAS Support) Support (EZRT) Missing CMac comiler exe

This topic contains 6 replies, has 12,396 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ketivar
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to locate the cmacwin.exe so I can create some macros. I spoke with an individual from Tech Supprt and he said that the CMac compiler comes with MultiEdit Lite for SAS.

Are there some additional steps that I need to take to install this utility? I tried to re-install the whole application however I still can’t find the EXE file.

AndyColson
    Participant

If its like the standard install, and if I recall corectly, there are two checkboxes you need to check during the install. One for the compiler and one for the macro source.

-Andy

ketivar
    Participant

As I understood correctly, the Lite for SAS version includes the compiler but not the source code. There were only 3 check boxes presented at install:

Program Files – All files necessary to run Multi-Edit Lite, including EXE, DLL and macro binaries

Program Help – Help files for Multi-Edit Lite

EZR Tools – SAS support macros

Carloche
    Participant

Looking at this further, I had just brought up the program and opened a .S file, went to Tools | Execute Compiler and saw the option for Compile CMacWin Macro. I didn’t actually hit compile. Just tried now and it says it cannot locate the executable. So, it seems I misspoke. No source code or compiler for any of the Lite versions. A big benefit for having a full version. Once again, I apologize for the misinformation.

ketivar
    Participant

Not a problem. I’ll look into the full version. Thanks checking on it for me.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi ketivar,

Sorry I did not see this sooner but the system did not flag this catagory as having messages I had not read… :oops:

I noticed that you posted a question about running SAS from ME in the other forum. If you were using ME Lite for SAS you can execute SAS and look over the results(log and out) with the F3 key, context menu or the “run SAS” button on the SAS tool bar.

Now if you do feel like wacking out some custom macros, Carl is right you can’t compile a macro with any lite version, but that does not stop you from using any of the other SAS tools in ME Lite for SAS.

On the other hand if you want all the SAS related functions found in ME Lite for SAS and wanted access to the macros behind them, and be able to write your own macros and modify the SAS related ones you would need a full copy of Multi-Edit and EZRTools (the SAS add-on package).

HTH
    Clay

deandrascrews
    Participant

if you do feel like wacking out some custom macros, Carl is right you can’t compile a macro with any lite version, but that does not stop you from using any of the other SAS tools in ME Lite for SAS.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.