Odd result from Enter key

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support Odd result from Enter key

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gorlash
    Participant

I’m using Windows 7 32-bit (at a contracting job), with a Perixx ergonomic keyboard. MEW version 11.04.00, and Windows command set.

I’m having an odd experience that I haven’t seen before, I’m hoping there’s some way I can fix it… I usually use the Enter key on the keypad, not the one on the main keyboard. I do *not* keep NumLock on, on the keypad.

When I press Enter using the keypad Enter key, instead of getting a CR/LF input, I get some un-printable character on the screen, and it makes the cursor malfunction after that… basically, hitting Delete key deletes the character *before* the cursor, rather than the char after the cursor… it is very odd. Is there some way I can fix this??

Later note:
    nevermind, I figured it out… in Command Mapping, under ‘Number Pad Enter’,
    I set Primary key as ‘Num Enter’ and Secondary key as ‘Enter’, and now both Enter keys work as expected!!

Amazing, after 20 or so years using ME, I’m suddenly doing *all kinds* of keyboard remapping and other config changes, that I never used before!!

And I’m once again grateful for ME’s vast flexibility!!

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  .
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  .

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thanks for the info.
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.