Reverse order of chat log from most recent at top to MR at bottom

Home Forums Multi-Edit User Created Macros Reverse order of chat log from most recent at top to MR at bottom

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CharlesG 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

CharlesG
    Participant

Clay,
    What is the difference between smart quotes and ASCII “ ? Is it basically the difference between single and double quotes? Asciii 34 and 39 ?
    I looked in the help files and searched for smart quotes and didn’t find a match…

Charles.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Charles,
    Look at your last post, and ASCII “
    Note the curvy smart quotes that the forum substitutes.
    They are ascii 93
    I did not spot them immediately, but the compiler did.
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

Clay,
    Depending on how hurricane Florence hits North Carolina, I might be offline for a while.
    Anyway – the compiler works fine if I change from double to single quotes.
    And I have MEW > Tools > customize > Editing – Default Editing Font = Ansi courior New 9pt.
    Could this be set wrong?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

That is a fine setting. I run into the quote problem a lot when I paste text from a customer’s email into their HTML page. When I check online all these black diamonds with a ? show up. They are characters that are not in the ascii base set, like the smart quotes.

CharlesG
    Participant

I have uploaded a sample conversation from Facebook to my onedrive Mew folder I posted earlier, and is repeated here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap7yFWW-HrgenXu20jeycnnk_2gC

the file is messages.html.

I’d like to get a mew macro to reverse the chat log so most recent appears at the bottom – not the top.

Any help is greatly appreciated….

I guess first is to find out what the HTML markup is to denote the end of one person’s chatting and then the start of the next person…..

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Charles,
    Looked over the HTML. I don’t see any way to isolate text from html tags. Maybe you can put into word document (not as html but as result) then use word’s features to reorder. Alternatively you can download into firefox. Then grab the text and paste into ME. At this point you would need a sophisticated Regexp to locate and isolate the date/time lines and use that to isolate the messages. If you play with that idea you can reuse the other macro with different search criteria (dates instead of =======)

Good luck,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

======= messages.html ======

1) copy verbatim up to and including:
    <div class=”_4t5n” role=”main”>
    this is the preface/header

2) each conversation starts with
    <div class=”pam _3-95 _2pi0 _2lej uiBoxWhite noborder”>

3) the footer starts with
    <div class=”_4t5o”>

4) just need to copy in reverse order blocks of #2……. like in the eH chat macro earlier in this thread

5) I have placed message – copy.html in my one drive – difference being just
    replacing “><” with “>$<” so each html markup appears on a seperate line….

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.