Reply To: Coloring specific lines

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Suggestions Coloring specific lines Reply To: Coloring specific lines

samej71
Participant

Wow… there’s no real nice way to do this.[/quote:3rpg9la1]

It’s actually not so bad :)

So, I tried reversing the order and working with the algorithm. The only thing wrong with this however, is that when I use Comment/Uncomment, it always uses EOL1 which is five slashes in this case. Not exactly code I want to share with the rest of my team.

How did you set this up to work in your environment, James?
[/quote:3rpg9la1]

You will want them reversed, like you mentioned, so it doesn’t always match on EOL comment #1.

If you go to "Tools | Customize | Languages" and then edit the language you are working with (C/C++ or Java, perhaps), there is a button marked "Property Strings". It’s a catch-all for configuration options that don’t have a dedicated radio button, checkbox, or edit box on the dialog. Anyhow, click that button. A large text area will pop up.

In it, I have:

DefEolCmt=4

Which tells ME to use comment #4 with the comment/uncomment macro. I don’t recall if I had to put a patch into the source to use it that property, or if ME supports this "out of the box" now. If it doesn’t work for you I can try to give you a "diff" to use.

Good luck!

–James