Reply To: Newbie help: how to make small projects?

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Newbie help: how to make small projects? Reply To: Newbie help: how to make small projects?

AndyColson
Participant

Hi Anthony,

ME’s projects are just a list of files. ME itself has no knowledge of build systems. The only thing it can do is keep a list of files, and spawn off external programs (like make for example)

I only have one little project I’m using C for, but I still use make. I could have added my own entry into the compiler list that builds it special, but if I ever wanted to build from the command line I couldnt. And still, make has its nice points, like not recompiling units that dont need it.

As for the list of macros I dont know of one. Your best bet is to look through the command list (Tools->Customize->keys/commands).

You can see the commands and what macro they call (if they call one). You can also go browse the source. For generic overview start with the .sh header files. Some are commented. If you find something interesting you can go view the source in the corrisponding .s file.

-Andy