Reply To: Add a new HTML tag to Weblair’s Toolbar

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Add a new HTML tag to Weblair’s Toolbar Reply To: Add a new HTML tag to Weblair’s Toolbar

jBeach
Participant

In my HTML4 set, it’s there, but it’s possible you’re using a different database, or maybe an older version of the HTML4 set.

If that doesn’t help, let me know, and I’ll see if I can figure something out Monday; I’ll have more time at the PC then.[/quote:1reef321]
I’m using the latest version of MultiEdit, version 9.0e. The <span> tag was there under the HTML4 database as you said.

I want to add a toolbar button that adds <span> and </span> tags around a selected piece of text.

I right-click on a weblair toolbar, press “Edit toolbox…”, then Edit to edit the toolbar, then Insert to add a new button.

I massaged data from the “Font” toolbar button into a “Span” button. I added “wl_TagExpansion /TAG=SPAN” under “Command Line” in the “Command Mapping” editbox for my new “Span” button. Pressing the new “Span” button does not add the two “Span” tags. Do I need to write a macro that adds the two <span> tags?

Thanks for your help…

-jb