Reply To: Add a new HTML tag to Weblair’s Toolbar

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Add a new HTML tag to Weblair’s Toolbar Reply To: Add a new HTML tag to Weblair’s Toolbar

Clay Martin
Keymaster

I’m not sure what the HTML context menu is. Do you mean the HTML4 database?[/quote:12hgj880]
I ment the menu that pops up when you right click in the editing area while editing a file with the .html extension. Depending on where your cursor is different things will apear on the menu. Right clicking on a blank line gives different results that right clicking within a html tag.

For the html extension setup, I have Language: HTML and Template:Html and yes my tag database is Html4.

I use a style sheet file(files actualy, the one used is chosen based on visitors browser) that contains basic specs for all html tags, a bunch of standard text based classes like red, blue, or green, a set of specialized text based, like highlight (to put background color like you used a highlighter) or clickhere (for links that say click here) and then a set of basic mods for things like a.h1:visited (headings that are also links) or a.lv3:hover ( for multi level indented indexes like a table of contents). That file is kept with a project (site) and if I need anything speicial (like specific color/size used in product documentation to identify a name/word as a template name or menu item) for that site I just add it to the file. From then on (in the html) I just refer to the class. I try my best not to put style elements in the style keyword of tags. Since most of the CSS is in a file, once loaded for one page of the site, its in cache for every subsequent page viewed by the visitor, so no extra load time! I also try to bring in common blocks of html code in with PHP includes for the same reason. :wink:

Given all of that rot, you can see why having a bunch of specialized span templates (one for each common text modifying class) is usefull to me. Given the powerfull ability in MEW templates to use selected text, prompt for a value, place the cursor, or jump around with Cntl-I to `things` templates are my usual solution. This allows me to just write:
Then go to Tools-Edit Templates and select your ….
and then afterward select the menu names press Alt-F9, select the span template for menu and get:
Then go to Tools-Edit Templates and select your ….
For the visitor to see.

Oh well works for me, but I’m abit of an odd ball :lol:
Cheers,
Clay