Reply To: Weblair question on tags

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Weblair question on tags Reply To: Weblair question on tags

ReidSweatman
Participant

The WebLair code is a beast, but after skimming through it for a couple of hours and doing some experimenting, I’m going to go out on a limb and say, “you’re stuck.” You can go into the tag setup and redefine <SCRIPT> to either take no closure, or an optional one, but there’s no way I can find to redefine it in the newer style. I don’t do much web coding myself any more, but my impression is that this style of closure of a single tag is associated pretty much with VBScript, XML, and that sort of thing, no? If so, then this is likely a feature for v10. And if not I stand ready for code castigation (a practice similar to code review, but drawn from the newest of the silver-bullet paradigms, “Tortured Coding,” drawn largely from the nether chapters of “Justine.” In that methodology, “pair programming” takes on a whole new significance :twisted: ).

In any event, it looks like WebLair doesn’t handle slash-terminated single tags, common as they may be these days (and I asked my wife on this point, as she’s something of an expert in that area). It also appears to use VBasic.s for its pattern matching, and I don’t believe that file currently supports VBScript specifically, but only Visual Basic-style languages in general.

Dan will correct me if I’m wrong on this, although I don’t believe he’s yet had time to read the de Sade training manual I mentioned. ;)