Reply To: Parsing of error messages from MetroWerks

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Parsing of error messages from MetroWerks Reply To: Parsing of error messages from MetroWerks

Normann
Participant

Hmm … Although I understand your frustration about the MetroWerks attitude I cannot see the relevance here. The thing is, I am running the compiler as a command line tool, not as the IDE-stuff. As for the command line compiler, the version it gives me is the following:

Metrowerks C/C++ Compiler for Windows/x86.
(c) 1993-2002 Metrowerks Corp., Metrowerks, A Motorola Company
All rights reserved.
Version 3.0.3 build 343 (Build 0343)[/quote:3t4a30st]

The MetroWerks command line compiler can be run by the command mwcc [-options] files and in order to produce feasible output (or so I thought :wink: ) I wrote the following command to MEW:

[code:3t4a30st]mwcc -c -msgstyle parseable <FILE>.<EXT>[/code:3t4a30st]

Obviously this simple command does not know anything about projects, be it MEW or MetroWerks – but that’s another issue.

But now it seems that my problem has changed to let MEW understand the proper position of the MEW cursor in response to the correct parsed group 3 and 4 (I’ve checked with your suggested replace expression, thanx!). I have seen the same problem occur with PC-LINT but didn’t find the time to ask… Can you elaborate on this, perhaps? I checked, but it did not have anything to do with the Extra line (I simply removed it, but the result was the same).

Anyway, you have already helped me a lot, so don’t wast too much time on me (oh yes, do indeed, plyeazee…:-)).