Reply To: View HTML source in IE – any way to get syntax highlighting?

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support View HTML source in IE – any way to get syntax highlighting? Reply To: View HTML source in IE – any way to get syntax highlighting?

samej71
Participant

There’s a DEFAULT extension on the list; does it work if you tell MEW that DEFAULT’s language is HTML?[/quote:rajv4r6s]

Good suggestion! I edited the “default” file extension in the list and assigned the language, template, and colors to what I have set up for the HTML file extensions, but the HTML source files are still showing up without the syntax highlighting.

However, expanding on your idea, I created a new extension for nothing/empty and set it up for HTML highlighting and it works. Somewhat of a kludge, but it works.

Maybe as a enhancement an “override language” command line parameter could be specified for a file when it’s opened? Then I’d only have to update the view source registry entry to include that option and it’d open the HTML source files as the right language even though the extensions are missing and without having to add an “empty” config to MEW, since I do edit other extensionless files that aren’t HTML files.

Thank you Brent for the help.

–James