Reply To: Exclude some directory from searching path.

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Exclude some directory from searching path. Reply To: Exclude some directory from searching path.

fmf
Participant

However, the CVS directories typically only contain CVS admin files, which aren’t likely to match the filemask you’re searching and replacing on anyway. Since there are only half a dozen or so admin files, it’s not a huge performance burden to open the directory and realize nothing matches, and move on. [/quote:1nfnn4ib]

This is not true, almost for me: the cvs directory has the admin files you are speaking of, but also contain a directory named “base” wich contains all the checked out files, with the .c and .h extension.

that it won’t do much searching to find header.h – it uses the relative path information the same way the compiler would, to go straight to it.[/quote:1nfnn4ib]

Unfortunatly i received as a legacy the code and it’s use a compiler directive to use the “h” subdirectory so my code is:
[code:1nfnn4ib]#include "include.h"[/code:1nfnn4ib]
and if i don’t specify to search through subdirectories mew cannot find words in .h files…
And if i do it i get double results.
No way.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I’ll search for other solutions.

manuel ‘fmf’ ferrero