Reply To: Access violations when opening files from the command line.

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Access violations when opening files from the command line. Reply To: Access violations when opening files from the command line.

Michal Vodicka
Participant

Graeme,

I don’t think using affinity is a good idea. It doesn’t solve the problem, it can only conceal it or make more rare. The real problem is that application starts more MEW instances at once; from you first log I guess at least 3 because there are two crashed MEW instances.

Also, if you set affinity on the app, you can limit its performance if it is multithreaded app because it means all threads would use one CPU only. Not a big problem for MEW because most work is done in one thread (which can change in the future).

You have two possibilities. First, find and solve the real problem I mentioned above. Second, remove -SR from command line because MEW isn’t prepared to restore session from more instances at once. Without it, one instance should win and other would just post file from command line to it. This should work without crashes.

Also, try what I recommended before. Start MEW with -SR by hand and remove this switch from the app command line. I’d bet you’ll see several files opened at once in previously started instance. I guess the whole problem is app tries to open several files at once using the command line. In this case -SR is quite inappropriate there and has to be removed.