Reply To: Project pane – allow users to create new top level nodes

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Suggestions Project pane – allow users to create new top level nodes Reply To: Project pane – allow users to create new top level nodes

ReidSweatman
Participant

I hope it won’t surprise you to discover that most of the features you’d like were put in play in design discussions a few months back, as well as a number of others similar to them. We knew that time constraints would probably prevent us from getting them into the current release, but they’re definitely things we’re looking into for v10.

Which isn’t to say we don’t value the input; there are several things in your suggestions we didn’t think of, or were thinking of differently. Keep telling us what you want! We’re actually listening and keeping a wish list (and checking it twice…and validating its contract and black-box testing it…okay, I’ll stop with the weak puns :) ).

Nested projects would be a nice addition. As for rearranging nodes, would you prefer the ability to move nodes, say, by drag-and-drop, to different locations (a bit tricky; introduces an extra level of mapping in the control, and the order would have to be stored somewhere, and re-validated against the actual tree should the semantic referent change); or would the ability to create “alias” nodes sorted to the top of the tree be more to your liking? The latter option would most definitely be easier to implement, and would avoid most (but not all) syncronization problems.

Finally, to return to my original post, any opinions on the “Favorites” pane in this context? Suggestions regarding it, perhaps?