Reply To: Peices of meconfig pasted when pasting into .html file

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Peices of meconfig pasted when pasting into .html file Reply To: Peices of meconfig pasted when pasting into .html file

Clay Martin
Keymaster

OK I’ll buy that the text is from the javascript template file. My issue is that the text showed up where it was not wanted, and not at my behest either.

It is of interest to note that this problem only happens when editing files with an extension of html and shtml. The template set used by that extension setup is Weblair. Although the javascript template is in use when I edit files with the extension js, I have never has anything odd occur when editing js files.

Great idea about checking the paste buffer. That might help identify when the text is being brought in (cut side or paste side). I will check that buffer next time this occurs.

Of course I will continue to report my observations here when it happens again. I will also verify if the text that shows up is the same text (eg the javascript template file) as before. I can’t state with certainty that on the occasions that this has happened before I reported it above that the text was the same text. Who knows, it may just be any old random bit of ME that gets inserted.

Clay