Reply To: Pasting Line Block, difference between 9.10 and 7.11

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Pasting Line Block, difference between 9.10 and 7.11 Reply To: Pasting Line Block, difference between 9.10 and 7.11

deleyd
Participant

I can’t reproduce this. When I have “Shift+Up/Down begins line block” and I select text doing that I get a line block, and the line block is pasted as whole lines starting at column 1 regardless of where the cursor is.

I can get a stream block by starting with SHIFT + left or right arrow, followed by up/down arrows. You can tell if it’s a line block or a stream block. You can also go to EDIT -> SHOW BUFFER to see the paste buffer. The selected text at the end of that buffer is what gets pasted. You can tell if it’s a line or stream block. A stream block will end at the end of the last line, whereas a line block all lines including that last line go to infinity.

I’m unable to think of a configuration where I can reproduce what you’re getting. The block mode is stored in system variable BLOCK_STAT. Perhaps if some code is modifying this system variable from line mode to stream mode inbetween the time you copy to paste buffer and paste back in. That’s the only thing I can think of that would cause what you’re seeing. Perhaps something you’re doing inbetween copy and paste is not written properly and is changing that system variable.l