Reply To: Pasting Line Block, difference between 9.10 and 7.11

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Pasting Line Block, difference between 9.10 and 7.11 Reply To: Pasting Line Block, difference between 9.10 and 7.11

DanHughes
Participant

John,

The Paste command in Multi-Edit will paste whatever type of block was last placed in our clipboard buffer. The Windows clipboard data is always entered as a stream block and the Paste code will check to see if the Windows clipboard has changed and will retrieve it to paste if there has been a change. I’ve seen the problem you are describing here which I’ve tracked down to a program I use called Desktop Rover that shares the Windows clipboard between multiple systems. What happens is this program is setting something dealing with the Windows clipboard which causes Multi-Edit to think the Windows clipboard has changed but hasn’t really and that causes our paste buffer to reset to a stream block. When the text is pasted the contents is inserted as a stream instead of a line block as it was originally saved. I have not found a workaround for this this issue besides not using this program, which isn’t an option, so I added a switch to the Paste macro (/WC=2) to allow doing a paste without it first checking the Windows clipboard. I then changed my Shift+Ins key to run Paste /WC=2 so that it will paste without the issue and left the Ctrl+V key assignment the same so that I can get the default behaviour when I really do want to paste from the Windows clipboard.

I suspect you are using a clipboard extender program that is doing something similar.