Reply To: Anyone else think the new toolbar icons are hard to see?

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Anyone else think the new toolbar icons are hard to see? Reply To: Anyone else think the new toolbar icons are hard to see?

Clay Martin
Keymaster

I also find the new icons hard to use. In addition to just not being able to recognize them because of newness, I don’t find them expressive of what they mean (eg gold gear, blue gear). I have a feeling the search/replace ones might be expressive, but they are too small (no I don’t want to give up the screen space for them to be bigger) thus they become green blob with grey smoke or grey blob with green smoke. Undo and redo are still understandable, while cut and paste are…. well lucky for me I use keyboard shortcuts for those 3 functions.

I dislike spending time to learn the new look of old things. New functionality, love it! Myself, I make windows XP look like 98, after all not much added, and just a few bugs fixed.

On the other hand a tool bar button that dispenses coffee out of the side of my monitor, I can spend the time to learn how to spot that one! :wink:

I don’t know if this is possible, but being able to "retro" Me’s buttons would be great.

Just my $0.02

Oh and Greg, be prepared for the assault of the "we don’t need no stinking mouse" folks. The Me community has a few, and I’m sure they have turned the tool bar off many versions ago. :twisted: