Reply To: Font Size in ME2006

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Font Size in ME2006 Reply To: Font Size in ME2006

deleyd
Participant

I have found part of the solution you seek. I’ve found a way to enlarge all tooltips in dialog boxes, including the Tool Pane and Navigation Pane. I haven’t yet succeeded in enlarging the tooltips for toolboxes, though I’m close. Here’s how to do the first modification. (This mod is for ME2006 & ME9.10. I haven’t checked 9.0 or earlier.)

1. Make a copy of Dialog.s named DialogBIGFONT.s:
1.a: Go to your Multi-edit\src folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Multi-Edit 2006\src), find file Dialog.s, and make a copy named DialogBIGFONT.s . We will make the change to DialogBIGFONT.s, leaving the original Dialog.s unchanged.

2. Edit DialogBIGFONT.s
Find the following segment of code:
[code:2er89u29]else {
mainTip = Create_MEW_Ctrl (
TOOLTIPS_CLASS,
"",
TTS_NOPREFIX | TTS_ALWAYSTIP | WS_POPUP,
app_handle,
);
ctrl.extrahandle = mainTip;
SetWindowPos( mainTip, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOACTIVATE );
}
[/code:2er89u29]

and add the following lines:

[code:2er89u29]else {
mainTip = Create_MEW_Ctrl (
TOOLTIPS_CLASS,
"",
TTS_NOPREFIX | TTS_ALWAYSTIP | WS_POPUP,
app_handle,
);
ctrl.extrahandle = mainTip;
SetWindowPos( mainTip, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOACTIVATE );
//BEGIN MAKE FONT BIG
struct TLogFont Cur_Font;
cur_font.lfFaceName = "Arial";
cur_font.lfCharSet = ANSI_Charset;
cur_font.lfHeight = 24;
cur_font.lfWidth = 0;
cur_font.lfEscapement = 0;
cur_font.lfWeight = fw_normal;
cur_font.lfItalic = 0;
cur_font.lfUnderline = 0;
cur_font.lfStrikeOut = 0;
cur_font.lfOutPrecision = OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS;
cur_font.lfCLipPrecision = Clip_Default_Precis;
cur_font.lfQuality = Draft_Quality;
cur_font.lfPitchAndFamily = Default_Pitch;

int control_font = CreateFontIndirect(&cur_Font);

SendMessage( mainTip , WM_SETFONT, control_font, 0 );
//END MAKE FONT BIG
}
[/code:2er89u29]

In the added code above you can change the font face to anything you want by changing the line [code:2er89u29]cur_font.lfFaceName = "Arial"[/code:2er89u29] and you can change the font size by changing the line [code:2er89u29]cur_font.lfHeight = 24;[/code:2er89u29] The bigger the number the bigger the text.

3. Compile by going to TOOLS -> EXECUTE COMPILER

4. Rebuild the Macro Library by:
4a: Exit Multi-Edit
4b: Go to START -> ALL PROGRAMS -> MULTI-EDIT -> REBULID MACRO LIBRARY.

And your done. You can test it by restarting Multi-Edit and going to VIEW -> SYSTEM, and hover your mouse pointer over the little button at top left, the tooltip popup should say "Refresh" in big letters.

I’ll post again if I figure out how to change the font for toolboxes. I’m close, but not quite there yet.

You probably also know about changing the font in Multi-Edit under TOOLS -> CUSTOMIZE -> EDITING(left side) -> Default Editing Fonts (at bottom), and you can change the Dialog font under TOOLS -> CUSTOMIZE -> USER INTERFACE -> Dialog Font.

Also you probably already know about Microsoft Windows START -> CONTROL PANEL -> DISPLAY ->
(or "Appearance and Themes" -> "Change the Computer’s Theme")
and in the "Display Properties" window go to the "Appearance" tab and there you can change "Font Size".

8/18/06 EDIT: If anyone else needs large font I have a technique that works, you can contact me.