Reply To: Unable to find FilePane database – no entries in pane! – War

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Unable to find FilePane database – no entries in pane! – War Reply To: Unable to find FilePane database – no entries in pane! – War

deleyd
Participant

Here’s what you do to fix that.

In the description below where it says SYNC WINDOWS think FILE PANE. It’s the same bug. (There’s an invisible hex 0x7F character at the beginning of the lines in Wcmdmap.db which shows up as a rectangle in Multi-Edit but doesn’t show up at all in this forum. The line "Sync Windows.TBX" starts with a 0xFF character.) I’m assuming you’re using the default command map. TOOLS -> CUSTOMIZE -> General (left side) will show "Default" in the "Command Set" field for Multi-Edit 9.10 and I think it’s "CUA" instead of "Default" for ME2006. If you’re using a different command set then instead of editing Wcmdmap.db you edit the appropriate file for your command set which is also a *.db file.

5. FIX THE BUG IN Wcmdmap.db:
Exit and restart Multi-Edit. If you get the error message "UNABLE TO FIND TOOLS FOR TOOLBOX SYNC WINDOWS" then we need to make the following fix to file Wcmdmap.db:

a) Go to MACRO -> RUN… and enter the command "SWITWIN /SYSTEM=2" (without the quotes, with a space before the "/"). This will bring up the Window List with all the system windows included.

b) Select window "Wcmdmap.db" and go to it.

c) Go to the end of this file. It will look something like:

WCMD=722
WCMD=723
WCMD=724Sync Windows.TBX
WCMD=11087
WCMD=721
WCMD=722
WCMD=723
WCMD=724

That "Sync Windows.TBX" should start on a new line. Fix it so it looks like:

WCMD=723
WCMD=724
Sync Windows.TBX
WCMD=11087
WCMD=721
WCMD=722
WCMD=723
WCMD=724

d) Exit and restart Multi-Edit. You should not get the error anymore.