Reply To: Unable to find FilePane database – no entries in pane! – War

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Unable to find FilePane database – no entries in pane! – War Reply To: Unable to find FilePane database – no entries in pane! – War

deleyd
Participant

Got your email. OK this isn’t the same bug I thought it was. It’s just a message saying you don’t have any entries in your file pane (it could be worded better).

I get this error if I go to VIEW -> FILES (which switches on the FilePane). It will give this error if there are no entries in the file pane. So go to VIEW -> FILES to get the file pane (once that FILES menu entry is checked, you can then switch on and off by selecting VIEW -> NAVIGATION PANE) and there’s a row of buttons across the top, the second one is ADD FILE TO FILEPANE and the third one is ADD DIRECTORY TO FILEPANE. Click one of those, and select a file or directory to add to the filepane. The filepane database will be created.

When adding a DIRECTORY to the filepane the default depth is 1. You will see all files in that directory, and all subfolder names, but you can’t go into any of the subfolders. To change this, click the button labeled EDIT FILEPANE LIST (it’s the last one), which brings up a window, select your folder, click "EDIT", and set depth to 2 instead of one. Then you should be able to go into the subfolders.

However you won’t be able to go into a subfolder’s subfolder (if there is one). To do that set depth to 3. etc. It’s a speed issue. Starting with depth=1 is fastest, setting depth to a higher number makes it a bit slower.