Reply To: Mozilla and "View newest post"

Product Compare Forums General Test Me Mozilla and "View newest post" Reply To: Mozilla and "View newest post"

Ernie Zapata
Participant

Finally got around to doing some more testing with Mozilla and phpBB.

I actually went to phpBB’s web site and setup an id to log into their forums.

Whenever I log into their forum groups, I see several topics marked with the “View Newest Post” arrow to the left of the new/updated topics since I last logged in.

I can click a topic’s “View Newest Post” arrow and will be positioned on the first entry of the topic posted since I last logged in. Upon returning to the forum’s index page, I can click other topic’s “View Newest Post” arrow and get the expected results.

Doing the same thing with Multiedit’s phpBB setup results in the problem I described. There can be several topics which were updated since my last visit. Clicking on the “View Newest Post” arrow for one topic will show me the first entry of the topic posted since my last visit.

Upon returning to the forum’s index page, clicking on the “View Newest Post” arrow for subsequent topics results in an html page with “No new posts since your last visit”. It is almost like the phpBB setup updates the last visit time incorrectly (via cookies or something??) and all previous new posts are no longer new.

Using Mozilla 1.5 and Firefox 0.8 which both yield the same result.

Any suggestions for this Mozilla user?