11.04 changeing help file on the fly n/w

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support 11.04 changeing help file on the fly n/w

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    CharlesG
    Participant

re: setup.s around line 2913

If I change the HLP file on-the-fly wth Extension Setup and then answer yes to "Reset extension configuration in currently loaded files?", it still uses the old help file – until I restart MEW and the files are reloaded. Not sure how the fix would be – all help appreciated.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Could you provide a more detailed description of what you are trying to do?
    Thanks,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

I use wordstar keymapping. While editing a file I press <ESC>, select <Configure this files settings>, <Extension Setup>, change the "Default Help File" to something new. <OK>, <Yes> at "Reset Extension Configuration in currently loaded files?", MEW still uses the old value for the Default Help file.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Does the change take effect after a restart of Multi-Edit? What is the extension you are doing this for? Have you verified the location you are providing for the new help file?
    Thanks,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

Hello Clay,

The change does take effect after a restart. The file extension I am doing this for is BTM BAT (http://www.jpsoft.com software). The help files do exist where I have modified the configuration.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Charles,
    Thanks for the info. I will add this to the bug list.
    Thanks,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

Any idea if the next version released will be 11.05 or 12x?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

It will be a full release.

CharlesG
    Participant

In that case and since I am on limited funds – any chance I could just get the fix for this issue please?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

I believe all development efforts are focused on the next major release. Since the change holds after restart, is there another issue I am missing?

CharlesG
    Participant

Just why is it not changing files already loaded ? Also can you replicate this bug?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

I tried to replicate the bug, and encountered two things. One, following what you indicated (I used the html extension, it was the first that had a help file already setup) the first time what I ended up doing is adding a help file. So when I asked for extension specific help, it gave me a choice of the one that was setup and the one I added. Went back an removed the original help file so only my addition remained, and then it just opened the "new" help file when I asked for extension specific help. Were you selecting the new help file from the list on help files setup? You can see this list with Help-Manage help file paths. When I click the … button next to the default help file (extension setup dialog), and then the … button on the "new help file", that is the dialog with a list that I get to pick from.
    I did not have to restart Multi-Edit in either case.
    Are you picking your new help file from that list?
    Thanks,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

Hi Clay,

I have the default help file for BTM file extensions set to:

C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD13\tcmd.chm

While I have a BTM loaded and the file is the current window of MEW – I change the default to:

C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD14\tcmd.chm

I select OK to exit the Edit Filename Extension Seup dialog, then answer YES to confirm the resetting of the extension configuration in the currently loaded file/s.

I then activate the Extension specific help and the TCMD13 version comes up – not the TCMD14 version.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Try setting the new help file in Help-Manage help files and paths first. Then you can choose it from the list when you change help files. Picking from the list instead of providing a path allowed an instant change, that took effect immediately.

CharlesG
    Participant

There is no entry in that option for JPSoft products – is there a place for more details please?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.