Access violations when opening files from the command line.

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support Access violations when opening files from the command line.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Graeme
    Participant
    Graeme
    Participant
    DanHughes
    Participant

Graeme,

As Michal stated, you could use the Multi-Edit COM interface to control it from your program. This might eliminate the problems you are having.

I just uploaded to our download area some sample Delphi source code to show how to communicate with each of our latest Multi-Edit products, Multi-Edit 9.10, Multi-Edit Lite 9.10 and Multi-Edit for SAS 9.10. Along with the demo program is included some of the actual source code that we use in all of our IDE Add-On packages.

You can download this code from http://www.multieditsoftware.com/downlo … Obj910.zip

Michal Vodicka
    Participant

I found the problem with our app: it diplayed the dialog outside of my desktop so it was invisible and inaccessible. You shouldn’t expect everybody is using 1600×1200 screen resolution and place dialog in the right bottom corner ;-) Well, hexaeditor cured it. I haven’t reproduced the problem and never encountered it although use MEW from a file manager similar way. So I suspect it is timing issue on faster CPUs and maybe start from the network.

I don’t know anything about install and network version; you could try download trial version which is installable locally. Just for the matter of the test. I’ll look at it when have time.

BTW, using COM would not only avoid this problem (hopefully) but also remove overhead with app starting. This is the way to go when you have control over the app which wants to communicate with MEW. Write a simple macro which loads requested file and jumps to the line and then call it using COM interface from the app.

Graeme
    Participant

OOps!

Sorry about the placement of the window – I normally put some code in to place the window in the center of the screen, whatever the resolution but didn’t bother with this app :wink:

Dan:

Thanks,

I will have a look at that code and get back to you.

David Morris
    Participant

Sorry about the placement of the window – I normally put some code in to place the window in the center of the screen, whatever the resolution but didn’t bother with this app :wink: [/quote:3li1mnrg]
    Kind of OT but just thought I’d mention in case you weren’t aware: since you’re using C++Builder there is a TForm property called Position that will allow you to center your form on the screen or desktop. No code required!

Graeme
    Participant

David,

Cheers – I didn’t know that.

Dan/Michal,

I tried the COM route and that seems to work well.

Thanks,

Graeme

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.