ActiveState Perl Compiler Setup

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support ActiveState Perl Compiler Setup

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cuttsj
    Participant

I am using ActiveState Perl with Multi-Edit. I would like for Multi-Edit to be able to identify the lines with errors when I press <F9>. The default setting of the regular expression looks like it should work. However, it doesn’t.

I have tried tweaking the expression way down in the the Error/Regular Expressions in the Compiler/Program Type Setup dialog to no avail. (It takes 8 clicks of the mouse to get to the dialog. That seems to be a long way to go.)

The error message

Scalar found where operator expected at C:\WorkSpace\Projects\Terrace_Project\Terraces\Version_3\Log_err_Parse.pl line 154, near "%($func_sum_info"[/quote:fhf08axh]
    is displayed in the space at the bottom of the screen as "Scalar found where operator expectedVersion_3\".

I have modified the Search and Replace expressions several times without having any effect on the behaviour of the error display.

Can anyone give me a version of the Search and Replace expressions that work with ActiveState Perl?
    Other than editing the Regular Expressions and clicking "OK" is there anything else that I need to do to get these regular expressions working?
    Is there a way to test regular expressions to see if they are indeed working the way they are expected?

Thanks.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Don’t know what the error output looks like, but in-order to tweak the regular expression, you might try just doing a search and replace on a sample of the compiler output, till you get the RE to work. That would save you 8 clicks for each test.

HTH,
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.