Adding User Created Macros

Home Forums Multi-Edit FAQ Adding User Created Macros

This topic contains 0 replies, has 9,271 voices, and was last updated by  Carloche 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Carloche
    Participant

Question
    I have a macro someone created that I want to use in my copy of Multi-Edit. How do I do that?

Answer
    First, save the *.s file somewhere easily remembered. I chose to put it in a folder in my installation directory called AddedMacSrc.

Then, having done that, open the file and compile it by going to Tools | Execute Compiler or hitting F9 if you use the default keymap. Choose to Compile CMacWin Macro. It will then compile and create the file *(macrofile).mac in your Mac directory of the install directory. You may need to close out of Multi-Edit and restart after that.

Go to Macro | Load… from the main menu and type in the name of the macro. Then, when you want to use it, all you have to do is hit Macro | Run… and type it in. Of course, Multi-Edit being as flexible and customizable as it is, you could assign a hot key or a command in your menus to run the macro as well, it’s all up to you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.