Additional option for the SelectDirectory macro

Home Forums Multi-Edit Suggestions Additional option for the SelectDirectory macro

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1,412 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bret Sutton
    Participant

The SelectDirectory macro, found at the bottom of FPROMPT.S, displays a dialog that allows the user to select a directory. When the user does that, code in the macro adds that directory to the FPATH_HISTORY global list.

I just wrote a macro that used the SelectDirectory macro, but that was very unhappy that the FPATH_HISTORY list was modified by the call. So I made some changes to DIALOG.S, FPROMPT.S, and FPROMPT.SH that permit the caller (my macro) to disable this history-add. As several other macros accept a /NHA=1 parameter to allow the caller to avoid adding to history, I added /NHA=1 as a recognizable miscellaneous parameter to the DlgAddCtrl call for the Dlg_DirButton control. You may wish to consider incorporating this change into the standard macro code.

The attached file shows the changes I made. Note that these are based on v10 code. I have not checked whether the exact same changes would apply in v11.
    nwshist-addns.s

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Bret,
    I added this to the MEX wish list.
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.