Advanced compiler setup – error regular expressions

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Advanced compiler setup – error regular expressions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rockyh
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m feeling dumb, but I’ve given up trying to figure this out:

I’m using an ARM C compiler invoked via a MAKE file, and the "Compiler/Program Type Setup" for ARM C included with Multi-Edit 8 __almost__ works for me. The problem I’m having is with the File Name when an error is generated. The project in question is divided into several sub-folders, under a root folder, lets call the root folder "c:\root". (probably a key point also here is that the "working directory" is also UNDER the root folder, its not the root folder itself).
    If I get an error, it generates a format like so:
    "..\core\stub.c", line 51, error: etc, etc.

For ARM C, the Regular Expression for error is:
    Search: ^"(<p>)", line (<i>): ((Error)|(Warning):.(.+))$
    Replace: /F=\0/L=\3/M=\4

The problem is that Multi Edit opens up a file called:
    c:\core\stub.c

But I really want it to open:
    c:\root\core\stub.c

One thing that I tried that I though should work was to change the "Replace" string to:
    /F=root\0/L=\3/M=\4

But this does something weird: Multi Edit opens a file:
    c:\root\root\core\stub.c

Anybody have a solution?

Thanks

DanHughes
    Participant

Multi-Edit v8 is quite old and I haven’t used it in years so I don’t know exactly how it works anymore but the current version of Multi-Edit allows you to specify the working directory in the compiler entry. This is how the error processing code determines the directory a file is located in when the error file is using a relative path.

In the latest version, I would set the Working directory to use the path of the Source file, which should then locate the file relative to the directory the source file is located in.

Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.