Align tab-delmited data into columns (like a table or excel)

Home Forums Multi-Edit User Created Macros Align tab-delmited data into columns (like a table or excel)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 29,046 voices, and was last updated by  Vincentcnbres 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

CharlesG
    Participant

Thanks for posting the solution. will try it out shortly and let you know…

CharlesG
    Participant

thanks for the updated .S – will try it out soon…..

Vincentcnbres
    Participant

Hi,

What is I am 100% sure that no field data has any commas but that there is just one comma between fields, if the commas were all replaced by "@t" and then the macro is run; Would it still work ok or would it need to be modified further?

the other thing is that what happens if the file extension setup is set to expand tabs to spaces or any other similar config data?

And also if the struct is 5000 then wht is ther "(iteration++ > 9000)" test in there as 9000 and not 5000?

thanks!

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Hopefully Dave will reply since this is his macro.

deleyd
    Participant

The EDX editor add-on has an "Align Delimited Data" option including options for aligning tab delimited data and comma delimited data.

EDX editor add-on:
    EDX. Smooth Scroll, Scroll Margins, much more!
    [url:15zkg3xe]http://www.multieditsoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=489[/url:15zkg3xe]

CharlesG
    Participant

Thanks for the reply – Will try the new file soon and let you know my .02c worth

CharlesG
    Participant

Hi,

What is I am 100% sure that no field data has any commas but that there is just one comma between fields, if the commas were all replaced by "@t" and then the macro is run; Would it still work ok or would it need to be modified further?

the other thing is that what happens if the file extension setup is set to expand tabs to spaces or any other similar config data?

And also if the struct is 5000 then wht is ther "(iteration++ > 9000)" test in there as 9000 and not 5000?

thanks![/quote:21t3i3p6]

for the extension setup tab suppoort question – look at my message and the reply here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13955&p=33854#p33854

Vincentcnbres
    Participant

Is there a way to save the current setting, change it if necessary, do a process, then change it back?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.