BC Differ don’t work anymore

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support BC Differ don’t work anymore

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    d.stelzner
    Participant

Hello,
    I own MEW 2008 and I worked for years with BC Differ. Thus suddenly BC Dfiifer don’t anymore.
    What’s the reason?

Thank you
    Dieter

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    How is BC differ not working? Did you do a reinstall recently. In Tools-Customize-File Compare, is BCDiffer still selected?

Thanks,
    Clay

d.stelzner
    Participant

Hello,
    how I said already: it worked all the time. I didn’t change the configuration.
    BC Differ is set as search engine.
    The effect:
    I get a file selection for comparing and that was all. The source file for compare stays visible and the selected file is not visible and the editor works normal as editor.

Dieter

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Can you verify BCDiffer.dll is in Multi-Edit’s install directory and its size is 1846kb?
    If that is ok, in Tools-Customize-File Compare, select Multi-Edit FC, run a compare then switch it back to BCDiffer and try a compare.
    If it is still not working use the following post to locate your config directory.
    viewtopic.php?t=2013
    Then, with Multi-Edit (ME) not running rename MeConfig.db to MeConfigbk.db, and Wcmdmap.db to Wcmdmapbk.db then restart ME and see if BCDiffer is working.
    If it is still not running, you will need to do a reinstall. You can save the two files you renamed and then after a reinstall rename them back to the original names in the config directory to restore and customizations you did to ME.

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.