CMAC Delay or synchronous processing

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support CMAC Delay or synchronous processing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jbrucka
    Participant

I am nearly done with my first CMAC and now only have to position the cursor at the bottom of the file. I am using eof; However, this doesn’t seem to work because it seems like it is being executed before the prior command is completed (previouis command is to open the file in ME). Is there a command to insert a delay or to make the commands synchronous? I have even tried calling a .bat program with a dos delay of 4 seconds but the macro doesn’t seem to wait for the answer.
    str strFile = TranslateCmdLine(‘s:\e43958\mydelay.bat’, ”); // define script to delay for 4 seconds
    ShellExecute(0, "open", strFile, "", "", 1); // execute script to delay for x seconds

Any direction would be appreciated.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Could you post your cmac code. There are lots of ways to open a file and I need to see how you are doing it.
    Thanks,
    Clay

jbrucka
    Participant

Sure, here it is. the last line is supposed to (I think) position me at the bottom of the file but I am always on the first line.
    thanks

macro tunemerge()
    {
    str strFile = TranslateCmdLine(‘s:\e43958\tunemerge.bat’, ”);
    str TStr = ‘<LFN><FILE>.<EXT>’; //Note single quotes
    str strArgs = TranslateCmdline(TStr,file_name); //file_name is name of file in current window. TranslateCmdLine replaces <LFN><FILE> with file_name name, <EXT> with file_name extension (<LFN> means use long file name. Optional.)
    Rm( "SaveFile /NP=1/RLN=1" );

Rm( "WinOP /T=1" );

ShellExecute(0, "open", strFile, strArgs, "", 0); //append the statement and spool via the bat file
    make_message(‘Ran: ‘ + strFile + ‘ ‘ + strArgs); // display message at the bottom of screen
    ShellExecute(0, "open", strArgs, "", "", 0); //open the file

str strFile = TranslateCmdLine(‘s:\e43958\mydelay.bat’, ”); // define script to delay for x seconds
    ShellExecute(0, "open", strFile, "", "", 1); // execute script to delay for x seconds

eof; // go to the end of the file
    }

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    It may be that the command is not finished. After you try ldfiles, followed by the EOF, if that does not work you may want to consider replacing shellexecute with execprog. The options are documented around line 11 of winexe.sh. This command provides the option to make ME wait until the other process has completed. If you search the Src directory under the install directory you will find lots of examples on how execprog is used.

Hope this helps,
    Clay

jbrucka
    Participant

I appreciate the help but I am unable to get it to compile. I apologize but I just don’t have the experience in this type of coding to get much further. I have included the code that I have tried below, would anyone be able to tell me what it is I am doing wrong?

thanks

macro mytest()
    {
    str strFile = TranslateCmdLine(‘s:\e43958\tunemerge.bat’, ”);
    execprog(strFile,"","","",_EP_Flags_ExeDos); //open the file

}

ERROR 1: Syntax Error: ‘EXECPROG’

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You need to tell the compiler where execprog is. Add this to the top of the .s file after the Macro file statement but before your functions.
    #include winexec.sh

jbrucka
    Participant

That is what I needed, thanks. I still haven’t gotten all of the kinks worked out but you have helped me a great deal. thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.