CMac Documentation/Tutorial

Home Forums Multi-Edit Suggestions CMac Documentation/Tutorial

This topic contains 37 replies, has 66,078 voices, and was last updated by  Snow123 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

deleyd
    Participant

It would be nice to have a list of what things are defined by Multi-Edit which can be used in conditional compilation statements, such as
    [code:1h7bpex9]
    #ifdef VER_910
    #include MeLib.sh
    #else
    #include MeLib32.sh
    #endif
    [/code:1h7bpex9]
    or explain where we can look to find what items like VER_910 get defined for us to use. (The only other ones I know of are TRUE and FALSE, documented under ‘Predefined Constants’.)

Wayne Ostrowercha
    Participant

so . . .

is this tutorial ready now?

Ken Walker
    Participant

Not exactly Wayne. This project is due for release in about 1 year. We have only recently started on it and, as you know, CMac has a lot of features that are not documented. And even the ones that are are often incomplete. Often I have found that a function would do more then the documentation suggested, or that it didn’t behave exactly like the docs specified. We’re trying to get all those things worked out. That’s why we need input from users about things they have found or things they odn’t understand. :P

I would also like to apologize to everyone for not viewing this topic more often. Until about two weeks ago, I was stuck on dial-up and didn’t do much surfing at home. I have recently hooked up a wireless broadband radio and am well pleased at it’s performance. I have also, of course, been very busy writing a certain CMac Tutorial. At any rate, I will be viewing the forums more now and I’ll try to get answers to any questions you may have.

Bret Sutton
    Participant

After almost ten years of writing MEW macros, dialog boxes are still an effort. There are at least two ways of creating them:
    [list:lbemu6me]with the DlgCreate/DlgExecute and associated commands
    with the menu_create/USERIN^DATA_IN and associated commands[/list:u:lbemu6me]
    The first is the more flexible, but very hard to get to look exactly right. I suppose it would be easier if I was a C programmer (I’m assuming all the weird specifications for widget offsets are C-like), but I’m not. The whole process is one of trial and error. Actually, what I’d like more than anything else is an interactive dialog box designer which would generate the needed code, a la just about any integrated development language. Failing that, however, a good explanation of the parameters for commands like menu_set_item and DlgAddCtrl (including explanations for the offsets) would be more than welcome.

Michal Vodicka
    Participant

Bret, beeing C programmer doesn’t help. It is still painful and time consuming trial and error work. Especially if you’re perfectionist and want it looking well. I’d also appreciate interactive dialog box designer which would generate code as result (long time ago I used something like this for Pascal Turbo Vision dialogs…). It should be possible to write it in CMAC so if you have enough time and motivation… ;-)

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Quick note,
    I noticed that the page in the ME help file: Template Metacommands
    does not contain decriptions of all the commands that appear in the metacommand dropdown available from the edit templates panel.

HTH,
    Clay

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Another note
    topic Associate directories, under FTP in ME doc does a fine job of telling you what associate directories is, it just does not tell you what/what format/how you are supposed to use the associate directories dialog.

HTH,
    Clay

Snow123
    Participant

I would also like to apologize to everyone for not viewing this topic more often. Until about two weeks ago, I was stuck on dial-up and didn’t do much surfing at home. I have recently hooked up a wireless broadband radio and am well pleased at it’s performance. :D

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.