Column Paste on Windows 7 32

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Column Paste on Windows 7 32

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    byron.hopp
    Participant

I keep losing my capability of performing a column paste in Windows 7. I reinstalled my Multi-Edit 9.10 in a Multi-Edit directory directory off the root but no difference. It seems it works for a while, but then looses the capability.

When I perform a column paste it pastes the first line of the column exactly where i want it, then all other lines of the column are pasted in the lines below pushing the remaining code beneath the pasted text.

Anybody dealt with this problem?

Thanks,

Byron …

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Are you experiencing a problem pasting from outside Multi-Edit (ME) into an edit window or is this an issue just within ME? When doing a column paste are you selecting a column area to paste into. Are you sure on the paste that you are still in column mode?

Thanks,
    Clay

byron.hopp
    Participant

Been running Multi-edit for many years (longer than I’d like to admin). I am selecting in column mode, and pasting all from within Multi-Edit. I believe I am in the Brief emulation mode so I press <Alt-c> high lite my column and press the plus key on the keyboard. Then place my cursor in the area where I would like to paste and press insert <Ins> key (not shift insert). This seems to be a new development since I started using Windows 7 32 bit. I have re installed the program to an area other than the "Program Files" area in a attempt to correct the problem (now installed in a folder off the root of the c drive). When I install it works for a while then it looses the capability. Not a problem on XP, never had Vista, I skipped that nightmare.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Byron …

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Byron,
    I am having trouble reproducing this issue. Since I have your number I will give you a call.
    Clay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.