Copy Language customization to new version

Home Forums Multi-Edit User/Developer Additional Language/Compiler Support Copy Language customization to new version

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3,065 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tpascal
    Participant

Hi,

A few years ago, I was heavy into SQR development (reporting tool used by PeopleSoft) and I customized my MultiEdit and loved it.
    Language, templates, macros, etc…

I hadn’t worked with it for years so didn’t keep the customizations.

Being asked now to work with SQR’s again…

Assuming I can find an older copy of my ME environment, what files should I be looking for to get everything back set up in ME 2008?

Thanks,

Terry

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Assuming you have two copies of Multi-Edit, and they are close versions, you can use Tools-Customize-Import/Export to move most of the customizations. If not you can move your templates by coping the template file. Use the following post to locate your config directory. viewtopic.php?t=2013. in that location will be a file with the template extension name, with the .tpt extension. You may then be able to hand edit the meconfig.db file to move the language and extension entries. Menu entries will be harder as the command numbers may be different. Either way do not edit these files with Multi-Edit running.

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.