crash when loading program

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support crash when loading program

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #25628
    Gorlash
    Participant

    I’m having a very strange crash issue when loading mew32. I run the program, and get an error dialog; title bar says ‘Macro Error #1000’, message is:
    LOCATEDBPAGE PC=322
    Ctrl-Break was hit.
    Regardless of Yes or No, I get two more of these error dialogs, with same title but different error codes, and saying Ctrl-Break was hit.
    After that, the program opens, but only ‘Run a macro’ and ‘Exit’ tabs are present, not even ‘Help’.

    After trying several other things, completely deleted the multiedit program directory, as well as the data directory Appdata\Roaming\Multi Edit Software, I then re-installed the program from scratch, but I still get these errors.

    Any idea what is going on??
    I was using the program yesterday with no problems; I have been using it regularly for many years, also without any issues.

    BTW, Ctrl-Break is *not* pressed, and many other programs are currently running with no issues.

    My system: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    mew version: 11.04.00

    #25632
    Clay Martin
    Keymaster

    Hi,
    Sounds like the config files are corrupted. You can test this by renaming meconfig.db and wcmdmap.db (see below for location) to new names without ME running. If you have .bak versions of the files, rename them also. Then start ME, it will place new “default” copies of those files out there in the config directory as it starts. If it starts ok, that was the issue. You may be able to rename the .bak versions of the config files to .db and restore your old settings.

    Config file location:
    Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Multi Edit Software\Multi-Edit\11\Config.04 Substitute your user name for USER

    Thanks,
    Clay

    #25633
    Gorlash
    Participant

    Please re-read my original post… I completely deleted the config directory, as well as the install directory, before re-installing. The config files were completely eliminated!! The problem still persists.

    #25634
    Gorlash
    Participant

    Well, I managed to fix this…
    First, I deleted both of these directories, as I did the first time.
    Then, when I re-installed, I *changed* the name of the install directory…
    Now it appears to run fine. Don’t know what happened before…

    #25636
    Clay Martin
    Keymaster

    Sorry about that, I missed that you got the config directory also. Many folks delete and reinstall the program, leaving the config directory there, thus end up with the same problem.
    Sounds like there may have been an issue with the registry entry, but I am unsure how that would cause the problem you had.
    Glad you are up and running.
    Clay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.