Demo key doesn’t work?

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Demo key doesn’t work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bret Sutton
    Participant

One of my co-workers, who is still on v9.10, wanted to try running ME11.04. But she couldn’t get past the registration validation screen: it wouldn’t accept Demo/Demo as serial number and release code.

I uninstalled my version and tried it – it didn’t work for me either. What values can we use on that screen to allow ME to install as a demo?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Bret,
    I sent an email to sales to look at your post here. Hopefully they will know more about why demo is not working. Was that a fresh download of a trial copy? Are you getting the expired message?

Thanks,
    Clay

Bret Sutton
    Participant

I tried it myself – uninstalled and reinstalled ME. I also got the expired message.

To tell the truth, I don’t know whether that was the one I downloaded in 2009, or whether I grabbed a new one. We can try a fresh download.

Bret Sutton
    Participant

It turns out the instructions were misleading – they said something about using the default values – which, according to the screenshot, were Demo and Demo. I applied for a new demo licence, and was emailed a serial# and release code, which work fine.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Glad that is working for you. Now I know that demo-demo does not work.
    Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.