display error window at the bottom instead of DOS session

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support display error window at the bottom instead of DOS session

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Deanna
    Participant

When I compile a cobol program using ( F9), a dos session window pops up and the compiler results are displayed in this window. One time ago I was able to compile a program and the errow window ( non dos) would be displayed on the bottom of the editor screen. So I could select the error and it would go to the error in my program.

It would look like a split screen. the code on top and the error results at the bottom.
    How do I get the error results to show at the bottom instead of having a dos session window pop up.

I use a batch file to compile the program.

thanks for any suggestions

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Have you tried to setup a compiler entry(execute compiler directly) for the cobol extension, or tried using one of the ones that ships with Multi-Edit (ME)? If you go to Tools-Customize-Extensions, select the cobol extension and press the edit button. Then press the compiler setup button. If you select insert you will get a new entry. There is a field on the dialog called "Program Type" if you press the … button there you will get a list of compilers that already have the method to parse errors and place in error window. You may be able to find yours there. You might also want to press the help button on the compiler setup dialog. You can find info on how to even just setup an entry that will just open the error output file.

Hope this helps,
    Clay

phoenixsystems
    Participant

thanks for the information but the compiler macro is correct. I use have a cobol program in the editor, execute my macro and the results window would display with compiler errors. Now a dos session opens up, compiles in the dos session and finishes. No result window.

I can’t figure it out #-o #-o

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Can you send me a screen snap of the compiler dialog?

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.