ERROR #1010 Invalid Search String

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support ERROR #1010 Invalid Search String

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HOTLNC
    Participant

I get this error if I try to search for “error[“. I’m using a PIC assembler and Multi Edit is given a error line number in the macro that was called, not a line number in the assembly file. If the macro is used multiple times, I cannot find the assembly line that has the error. Hence, I search the listing file for error[ and then I’m able t o9 see where the error is located in the assembly file, not the macro file.

This method of finding error previously worked and not give the above error message. I had to recover Multi-Edit Version 11.03.00 a few weeks ago and must have screwed up something.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Is this an error that is occuring when you do a Search-Find… or as part of error processing for a compiler setup? I did not find the PIC assembler in the compiler/program type list. Did you add this yourself? Version 11.04 is the most current. You might try Help-Check for upgrade.

Thanks,
    Clay

HOTLNC
    Participant

This error happens when I fill in the search field with “error[” and then tell it to search. I instantly get the error message #1010.

The error processing I’m using is a build in one: look at “CCC PIC 2.03 Compiler”.

I cannot find any list of error messages in the HELP file.

Thanks,

tlscales
    Participant

In the search dialog, is the Regular Expression radio button selected for Type? If it is, try changing to Literal.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Thanks Tim,
    That was my next question.
    Clay

HOTLNC
    Participant

I have the following setting:

Under Customize; Search: Regular Expression Type — Classic Button is Set
    Under Customize; Search, Find: Type — Literal Button is set

“Error[” Does not work — generates error message 1010
    “Error]” highlights and loads “error”. “]” left out of highlight and load
    “Error}” Does not work — generates error message 1010
    “Error{” Does not work — generates error message 1010
    “Error:” Works Fine
    “Error(” Works Fine

tlscales
    Participant

In the Find tab of the Search dialog (not the Customize dialog), what is Type set to? I can duplicate your results, bit only if I set the type in the Find tab to Regular Expression – works as expected if set to Literal.

I suspect you have overridden the defaults from the customize dialog in your search dialog.

HOTLNC
    Participant

Yep, that did it. Thanks.

I did not realize there was an different area to change options. I ASSumed the Customize and Tool bar areas were common.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.