Error 3032

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support Error 3032

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2,897 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jmace
    Participant

Hi,

I regularly get "ERROR 3032, level 2 occurred opening file: "filename"" messages running ME2K8 v.11.03.00 under Windows 7. Pressing "Retry" doesn’t help, so I Cancel out and switch windows which saves the file. If I make some changes and hang out in ME, I’m likely, though not certain, to get the message again.

This isn’t a show-stopper, but it certainly is an annoyance and something you might want to investigate before the next release.

John

ChadW
    Participant

John,

Take a moment to use Help | Check for Upgrade and select to update to the 11.04.00 build. This may help with the issue you are experiencing but will bring your release up to date regardless. You will need to have your serial number and release code handy when updating, if you require assistance with locating these please contact sales@multieditsoftware.com for further assistance.

jmace
    Participant

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your response. I have upgraded to 11.04, and I have just received the same error again. I’m wondering whether ME might be stepping on its own foot creating a temporary backup.

I did say I was running this under Win 7, but not that it was the 64-bit version. I don’t know whether that makes any diference.

Thanks,

John

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    In the error message is "filename" the name of a file you are editing or does it literally say "filename"?

Thanks,
    Clay

jmace
    Participant

Hi Clay,

"filename" contains the name of a file I have open and for which edits are pending.

John

deleyd
    Participant

All 3000 errors are errors returned by Windows API which have 3000 added to them. Thus a 3032 error is the error 32 which is ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

The following post has a zip file with a program that allows you to see what process is locking the file.
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1963&p=7038&hilit=who+locked+me#p7038

jmace
    Participant

Hi Clay,

Ok, I’ll have a go at the .zip file, but I’m wondering what you’ll learn. I’m the only one using this amchine, and ME is the only program touching these files when the error occurs. It’s trying to save the changes, and it sure looks to me like it’s haveing a problem because it already has the file open. Now, I never had this problem under XP, so I’m guessing it’s a Win7-related issue.

John

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

The idea is that when you get the error, you run the who locked me program on the file that is mentioned in the error, possibly the folder that holds that file also. This will inform us what other process (or secondary ME process) has locked that file or folder.

Yes this may be a Win 7 issue.

deleyd
    Participant

That "Who Lock Me?" program I think only works on Windows XP. I recall it doesn’t work on Windows Vista. I don’t have a Windows 7 computer yet.

I think Process Explorer can tell us who has a handle on the file. Get the free Process Explorer program. There do FIND -> HANDLE OR DLL…

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info, did not know that it did not work on vista. still xp myself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.