Having a problem with inserting blocks

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Having a problem with inserting blocks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gorlash
    Participant

I am using ME Version 11.04.00 on Windows 7 64 bit. I’ve been using it for years, with no problems. Suddenly, this morning, I hit some key combination or something, and have changed the program so that now, if I do either a full-line copy and then do an insert with the cursor anywhere other than at beginning of line, ME inserts the line at the current cursor position, instead of inserting it above the current line like it did in the past. I’ve looked through the various options, both on the edit menu and the configuration dialogs, but I can’t find anything that turns this behavior off!! Part of the problem is, I don’t know what the MEW name is for the behavior that I’m having trouble with…

Could someone please help me with this?? I’ve been using MEW for so many years, that I work largely on instinct, and suddenly the program just doesn’t work anymore!!! I would be immensely grateful for knowing what I changed, and how to change it back…

Gorlash
    Fremont, CA

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Gorlash,
    I am having a problem duplicating this. Some things to check:
    Are you sure you are copying as line block, versus a stream(checked on edit menu)?
    Do you have "Persistent blocks" checked (either in the block options or the Edit menu)?
    Are you using the mouse or keyboard to mark the blocks?
    Can you try marking a block using the other method and then pasting?
    If you use keys to mark and paste, can you check that the key combos you use are still assigned to the same block operations?

Thanks,
    Clay

Gorlash
    Participant

Wow, this is really strange… today it’s working just fine!! #-o I don’t understand it… this is especially odd because I left the editor open over the weekend, with all my files active, so it isn’t even a matter of having closed and re-opened the program.

Anyway, what was going wrong is that I would click keypad + to copy a line, then hit keypad Ins to insert the line (I use Brief keyboard emulation). For years this has always worked just fine, and it’s working fine this morning… but last Friday it was inserting the line at current cursor location, instead of inserting on line before and moving the cursor to that line.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

If it shows up again, I would check the key mapping, just in-case the key you normally use was assigned to a different type of "copy".

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.