How do I show virtual space?

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support How do I show virtual space?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bret Sutton
    Participant

I could have sworn that I tried out the display of virtual spaces and tabs; but now I can’t figure out how to do it. I feel dumb. Of course, it is four in the morning…

John Martzouco
    Participant

There’s a checkbox on the Text/Layout dialog that is labelled "Display Tabs".

sdw162006
    Participant

Bret,
    I missed that option myself, didn’t realize what it would do. Would it be better if the title was changed? To something like, "Show Whitespace" or "Display White Characters"

Bret Sutton
    Participant

To me, that feature doesn’t have much to do with layout. I would put it on the View pulldown menu, and simply label it ‘Whitespace’. Other entries on the View menu don’t apply to individual windows, whereas this one would. So you MESI folks might not think that a good place for it. But I think I’ll put it there on mine.

Some unrelated thoughts on menu organization: Some people might think they’re getting too crowded. But mine are even more crowded. One of my co-workers believes that if there’s a key combo for a function, then that function should also be on a menu somewhere. I try to accommodate him, but I still don’t have everything in a menu. I think he’s given up on me…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.