How to determine if a file exists on a cloud drive

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support How to determine if a file exists on a cloud drive

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MEWUser2016
    Participant

I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit (latest), with latest MEW. I am running software from PCloud that assigns the P drive to the cloud, where I store my files. I sometimes run into a situation where the P drive is not fully initialized, and my macros fail when I run them.
    When the PCloud software is working correctly, the P drive appears in File Explorer. I read in PCloud documentation where logging out of the software logs out of the cloud. However, pCloudDrive (P:) still appears in the File Explorer, even though clicking on the drive results in this message:

Location is not accessible.
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I run my macro, and File_Exists() still returns a 1. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this situation(where starting the computer results in the cloud drive not starting, and therefore not appearing in the File Explorer.

I am trying to test possible scenarios, but I think what I do is not going to work because of the phantom drive still appearing in the File Explorer, but is not active.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Don’t think there is any ME help for the Pcloud software not starting when it should. You might investigate what happens if Pcloud is told to start when it is running. If that is not an issue you may be able to put a command to start it in the Start or Start2 file.

As for the latter condition, the problem is that ME talks to the OS (file explorer) about files, and if the OS thinks P is still connected, then it will tell that to ME.

Some things you might look at, In Cmac reference, contents look up Error Handling and Error Codes.
    In the Cmac user guide, how to trap an error.
    Test saving a file to P to check if it is connected.

Hope that helps,
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.