Importing macros to a new install

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support Importing macros to a new install

This topic contains 45 replies, has 14,733 voices, and was last updated by  klink 14 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

The info is in the pdf file I pointed you at. The addon package info starts on page 216, but most of the doc on the update scripts starts on page 200.

klink
    Participant

I see a section labeled:

Add-On Packages Installation Files
    Installation Overview

This starts on page 204 (pg. 214 in acrobat), but it says in the first paragraph, “More information on setting up your own Add-On Packages or about the Update macro can be downloaded
    from our web site.” Is this just a typo?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Yep and Yep, sort of

The section
    Add-On Packages Installation Files
    Installation Overview

Talks about the lst, dat and upd (and del) files and describes the contents of the lst file. You probably will not need a del file. The script language that you put in the dat and upd files is in the section (about 16 pages earlier) named:
    Update Script Reference

If you would like an example of how these files are used you can go to my site and download a trial. Follow the instructions up to the point that you install the add-on package from within ME. There will be a directory under the ME install directory that is called EZRTools, in that directory you will find lst, upd, dat files that you can examine.

HTH
    Clay

klink
    Participant

Ok, I see, I’m working thru it pretty well now. The only other thing I need to work on is getting MEW to exit after it is updated. I’ve got installshield to open it up and install, but can I get it to automatically exit after the update, or have installshield call an exit for it? Thanks.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Will Installsheild use DDE or COM, I know DDE allows you to quit, I asume COM will also. The doc for this is a few pages after the add-on doc.

Michal Vodicka
    Participant

Can you call a macro? If so, simply call macro named EXIT.

klink
    Participant

I am currently trying to call a macro in my .upd file, is this correct? B/c installshield will place my files, my .dat file is empty. I only have the .upd file w/ my macros in it, and an install.lst file.
    Can I place a quit command in the install.lst file under POST= ? In my .upd file I place [Quit] at the end of it, but I cannot get MEw to close.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Try:

RunMac Exit

at the end of the upd file

Michal Vodicka
    Participant

Can I place a quit command in the install.lst file under POST= ?[/quote:1xx2uhzb]
    Only if you want to make real trouble for all your MEW users. It would exit MEW just after every start.

Instead, try to use Set EndMac statement in the .upd file. I never tried it but it seems as what you need.

klink
    Participant

Well it worked, and exited the program. However I have the Multi-Edit startup on the screen (Multi-Edit window that shows version number, registered user, etc. on startup). I cannot get this screen to close, it just lingers.

klink
    Participant

I got it to work placing this in the install.lst file.

POST=Exit

Michal Vodicka
    Participant

I guess you haven’t read what I wrote previously. Yes, you got it to work. Forever.

As for the MEW startup, try to use /NS (no splash) at MEW command line. Everything you need is in the docs.

klink
    Participant

Yeah, I caught on to that. Unfortunately I did not see your post first.

klink
    Participant

Well it looks as though this is the answer.

I am trying to install these new menu items which will work under a specific project. The command in the .upd is:

C <PROJECT_FILEPATH>cmd_486

If I try to use <PROJECT_FILEPATH> as the install directory in my install.lst, it will say this directory does not exist. In the MEW’s that I am installing this update to they should have a directory, but it could vary, is there an easier way to do this.
    Should I just use the <ME_PATH>AddOns directory?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Now you lost me :shock:

I did not notice a C script element, and while I know you can have specific menus for extensions, I was unaware that you could have them for specific projects.

I imagine that you would need to use the /SR or /SN switch to load a session that was tied to a project to have access to <PROJECT_FILEPATH>.

Maybe it would be clearer if you uploaded your upd file.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.