Is there a way to increase memory usage?

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Is there a way to increase memory usage?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    samej71
    Participant

Hello,

It’s a funny question to ask, it might seem at first, but I was wondering if there was a way to increase the amount of memory ME dedicates to caching files for open editor windows. I have 2 GB of RAM (1GB seems to get used by Vista :) but that leaves me 1+GB for email, IM, and editing small text files with ME.

Is there a place where I can increase the amount of memory ME uses for caching files in memory? I am enjoying deleyd’s macro modification in the suggestion forums that will let me do a file compare on changed files (when a file changes on disk from some other person/process and it is open in ME too). I find that I quite often don’t have the entire original file in memory. Since I have plenty of RAM to spare and these text files are generally pretty small (less than 10K each, with no more than 10 open at a time) I’d like to try to adjust ME to keep most, if not all, open files completely in memory.

Thank you for your time.

–James

DanHughes
    Participant

If you were to move to the end of a loaded file, it will then be fully loaded into memory until it is closed. The partial loading of files is used to speed up the startup of Multi-Edit when loading multiple files.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

If you are not worried about startup time you can create a macro to go to the bottom of the file and then to the top of file. The add this macro to the extension setup as the post load macro.

[code:1oywf69k]void loadit()
    {
    EOF;
    TOF;
    }[/code:1oywf69k]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.