keeping bookmarks in place

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support keeping bookmarks in place

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2,281 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

don
    Participant

After setting up bookmarks at various places they do not stay on the same line if I add or delete lines before them.
    Is there a way to keep a bookmark fixed in place without it moving around….. they stay in place if I remember to
    hit the Ins key (overwrite mode) but I just want to set them to a specific area on the page and forget about them :-)
    Example: I would like to be able to jump to the middle of the page, regardless of how many lines I have added or deleted before the bookmark.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

HI,
    Bookmarks are set to a specific line number and column. The purpose was to get back to a specific line no matter what had been added or removed before that line.

Thanks,
    Clay

don
    Participant

"The purpose was to get back to a specific line no matter what had been added or removed before that line."

If that is the purpose , it don’t work ! Because if I add or remove a line before a bookmark, its location changes????

Bookmarks should be FIXED in place is what I am asking.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

I just tested this. If I mark a line, and then add 5 lines above that line, the random access mark stays with the line that was marked.

don
    Participant

"If I mark a line, and then add 5 lines above that line, the random access mark stays with the line that was marked."

What version? I am using ME 2006 and if I set a bookmark at line 10 but start typing at line 5 and hit the ENTER Key my Bookmark jumps to line 11?

ChadW
    Participant

What version of Multi-Edit 2006 are you currently using as shown in the Help | About dialog?

don
    Participant

"What version of Multi-Edit 2006 are you currently using as shown in the Help | About dialog?"

I am using ME 2006 10.04.00

This is whacky, but thanks for investigating this for me…..

ChadW
    Participant

Don,

Try doing a Help | Check for Upgrade and grab the latest 10.05.00 build of Multi-Edit 2006. This build had numerous fixes and may resolve the bookmark problem you are experiencing. If you require any assistance with the installation, obtaining it or your codes, please contact sales@multieditsoftware.com for more assistance.

Thanks!

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

The book mark stays with the line you marked. So if you marked line 10, and add a line before that, the bookmark will move to line 11, ie it stays with the line that was marked, not the line number. This is so that you can mark a place in your code (like a function or declaration) and even though you are adding and removing lines, you can hop back to the item you marked.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.