LOCATEDBPAGE PC = 322 Ctrl-Break was hit

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support LOCATEDBPAGE PC = 322 Ctrl-Break was hit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    troup1998
    Participant

How do I get this to stop happening. I do not need any special macros for the language we are coding in (Progress OpenEdge ABL & javascript with HTML).

If I could just turn off macros completely (via a setting or startup) that would be just fine with me. Is it possible?

FWIW, when running a program in OpenEdge we use Ctrl-Break to break out of it. So, I’m assuming that this Ctrl-Break is what gives me so much grief in Multi Edit.

I have version 10.05.00. Would an upgrade resolve this problem?

–Thank you, the full message is below.

LOCATEDBPAGE PC = 322

Ctrl-Break was hit. do you wish to abort this macro (unexpected results cound occur)?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Most all of Multi-Edit (ME) editing functions are preformed by CMac macro code, from dialogs to even many simple edit operations. Cntl-Break is hard wired into the core of ME as a way to stop a macro from running. I believe this has been the case since the initial dos versions of ME. If your other program (open edge) has focus it should capture the Cntl-Break, thus ME should not see it. I did some searching and found these articles:
    http://knowledgebase.progress.com/artic … le/P159417
    http://knowledgebase.progress.com/artic … le/P192638

So it seems that the idea is to use Cntl-Break to stop a gui background session. Problem is that if ME is in the foreground (has focus) it will capture the key press and try to stop any macro that is running. Problem is that there is always one or more macros running. The only thing I can suggest is that you could have some other app, like notepad, that you could bring to the foreground before hitting the key combo so that it is not intercepted by ME.

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.