Lost Multi Files Tabs

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Lost Multi Files Tabs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Heep
    Participant

The list of open files that was just below the tool bar has disappeared. I can’t find out how to get them back! I have to use the Window List menu to select between files. That is a pain in the ASCII.

How do you turn this feature on/off?

Jerry

DanHughes
    Participant

Jerry,

Go into Tools | Customize | Windowing | Tab Bar and select one of the options in the Style drop down besides “Off”

Jerry Heep
    Participant

That got it. Thanks.

Why did it suddenly turn off? Or should I not go there?

ReidSweatman
    Participant

Feel free to go there. :) There’s no way it can switch off spontaneously. The only two ways are for someone to go to the dialog Dan mentioned and manually switch it off, or to write a macro to do so (just about anything that can be set as a preference in Multi-Edit can be set from within a macro).

That particular value can be changed in a macro by accessing the string global #TABBARSETTINGS and parsing out the /EN= substring. Its possible values are:
    [list:3eos1a9x]1 = Off
    2 = Top
    3 = Bottom[/list:u:3eos1a9x]
    For info on how to do such a thing, read the sections of the CMac help concerned with global variables, and have a look at DBTools.s. Dan also recently posted a reply to another question regarding the database functionality you might find useful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.