Macro that requests input for the "Replace" value

Home Forums Multi-Edit User Created Macros Macro that requests input for the "Replace" value

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JRushmeyer
    Participant

OK, guys. I am just a trial user right now. I used ME when I worked for the State of Ohio but that was a few years ago. I want to write a macro that will search for a particular phrase and then ask what I want the replacement value to be. I found and figured out how to do a simple replace using ME’s example

VOID STEP_3()
    {
    Ignore_Case= True;
    while ( Search_Fwd("{\" value=\"}",0)) Replace(‘,’);
    }

but what I would like to do is have it ask me (or I can put the value in the command line…which I am still trying to figure out how to do that while I am in ME. My clumsy simple attempt was

VOID REP_TEST()
    {
    Ignore_Case= True;
    while ( Search_Fwd("{vote}", 0)) Replace( mparm_str);
    }

just to see if I could get something really simple to work but all that does is replace vote with a blank space. (and doesnt ask me for the input valye.) I readl about doing it

Rep_test("JR");

but not sure how that works unless it means I need to write a simple app and incorporate it into the app.
    I can survive if this wont work the way I want it too (using the Macro/Run dropdown) but it would be really nice if I could get it to work…and
    a big incentive to buy the software too!!!!

Thanks
    John Rushmeyer
    Columbus OH

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi John,
    To get input you should search the CMac guide for Menus and Dialog Boxes.

On this forum is a series of cmac tutorials. There is one on dialogs for input. start here
    http://multieditsoftware.com/forums/topic/introduction-to-cmac-1-hello-world/

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.