me2006 Polystyle configuration

Home Forums Multi-Edit Polystyle me2006 Polystyle configuration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gorlash
    Participant

I’m evaluating Polystyle in the new me2006. My intent is that it use the same language formatting that ME itself is using (seems logical, doesn’t it?). I ran the Config Code Formatter option, then selected a block of code that I wished to format, and selected Format Code. What I observed was this:

1. PS apparently does *not* use ME’s formatting rules.
    2. It applies formatting to the entire file, not the block that I selected.
    3. It automatically saved the file after formatting, so I couldn’t undo its changes.

Unfortunately, apparently the demo version of me2006 doesn’t come with any help files, including those for PolyStyle. Can anyone tell me if either of these three issues are resolvable?? Thank you.

MattJones_Polystyle
    Participant

Hello Gorlash,
    I’m the Polystyle author. To change PS to the formatting style you like, you can run the Polystyle Configuration tool. In Tab 1 are two options for changing your style. You can either use the Graphical Styler to change the style rule using mouse clicks or you can edit the example files directly. They are located in the Polystyle/examples directory and Tab 1 has a GUI for opening those files.

In the Multi-Edit/Polystyle integration it is as you describe and the entire file is saved and then passed to Polystyle to be formatted. Polystyle does create a backup of the file by default called <filename>.polystyle.backup.

Here’s a link to the Polystyle help page:

http://www.polystyle.com/doc/

Thanks and have a good day

Gorlash
    Participant

Okay, thanks Matt!! That answers my questions…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.